The Gospel - Good News!
Have you been feeling like there is a void in your heart? Have you ever asked the question, “Why did God create me?” or “Why do I exist?”
God created every person with a God-shaped void in their heart. All of us have tried to fill this void in many different ways: with money, prestige, possessions, power and even with people. However, none of these things will ever really satisfy us. The only thing that can completely fill this void is a relationship with God.
The Bible says:
"Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live…" - 1 Corinthians 8:6
We were created for Him. God created each and every one of us to have fellowship with Him. To have fellowship means to have a personal relationship. This relationship is only possible through Christ.
When God first created Adam and Eve, they enjoyed fellowship with Him. But God did not create humans as a robot to love and obey Him mechanically, but rather He gave us a freedom to choose. Unfortunately, man chose to disobey God, which he continues to do to this day. When man sinned, this relationship with God was broken and as a result, he was separated from God.
The Bible says:
"But your iniquities have separated you from your God" - Isaiah 59:2
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." - Romans 3:23
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
It was not God who fell away from man, but man that abandoned God. When man sinned, he turned his back on God, and in a sense said, "I no longer want to follow Your will, I would rather follow my own." Many have tried throughout history in different ways to reach God through their own efforts, but every attempt has failed.
The Bible explains:
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." - Proverbs 14:12
But the Lord desired to have fellowship with man again, so He presented a solution…
God sent His only begotten Son to the world, who lived a sinless life and fulfilled the perfect standard set by God. When Jesus died on the cross, He paid the penalty for all our sins, that way all that believe in Him and accept what He did on our behalf, can be forgiven of their sins and receive eternal life.
The Bible says:
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8
"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." - 1 Peter 3:18
The Bible tells us that Jesus is no ordinary person. He’s more than just a good teacher or another religious leader, He is God, creator of the universe, who has come into the world as a man (John 1:1). By being fully God and fully man, Jesus is able to fulfill the ministry of bridging the gap between the two, dying for our sins as a man, and now acting as a mediator to bring God and man together.
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men- the testimony given in its proper time." - 1 Timothy 2:5, 6
If you would like to accept Jesus Christ into your life, and receive the forgiveness of God to have that void filled, follow these simple steps with a sincere heart:
- Confess: This means to recognize that you are a sinner, that you’re separated from God, and that you need Him in your life.
- Repent: Repentance is agreeing with God about what He calls sin in your life, and turning away from it. It means to leave behind the old life and to begin anew; making choices that you know will please the Lord.
- Believe: This is trusting that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and on the third day He rose from the dead. In doing so He brings all who trust in Him eternal life.
- Receive: Through prayer, ask Jesus to come into your life and send His Holy Spirit into your heart to teach and guide you. This is what it means to “receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior”.
- Profess: Jesus said that if we acknowledge Him before men, He will acknowledge us before His Father in heaven (Matthew 10:32). In other words, if we are really serious about our commitment to Him, we will tell somebody about it. A pastor, a friend or a family member. Just think about how much Jesus has done for you already, this should be a real easy step.
If you would like to receive Jesus into your heart, and have all of your sins forgiven, say this simple prayer with a sincere heart:
Jesus, I know I am a sinner and that I need your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins, and that you were raised to life on the third day bringing eternal life. Forgive me of my sins and fill this void in my heart with your love. I want You to be the Savior and Lord of my life. In the name of Jesus, Amen.